VHIL New & Featured
Virtual Reality: the Terrors of Poe's Pit, the Joys of Michelangelo's David, PBS NewsHour
- VHIL technology tracks the position of head, hands and body accurately and frequently to create a realistic virtual experience. VIDEO
Virtual Superheroes: Using Superpowers in Virtual Reality to Encourage Prosocial Behavior, PLoS ONE
- Research results indicate that having the “superpower” of flight leads to greater helping behavior in the real world, regardless of how participants used that power.
- Virtual Superheroes Are More Heroic In Real Life, Discovery News
Infinite Reality – Avatars, Eternal Life, New Worlds, and the Dawn of the Virtual Revolution
- Blascovich and Bailenson reveal how the human brain behaves in virtual environments and examine where radical new developments in digital technology will lead us. "Exhilarating ... a must-read" - Los Angeles Times
It’s 10 P.M. Do You Know What Your Avatar Is Doing?, Pacific Standard
- VHIL research shows that the technologies of virtual interaction offer a powerful tool not just to explore human's cognitive biases—but also to strategically exploit them, for good or for ill.
Holograms are here, from Tupac to Marilyn Monroe. Will you be next?, The Washington Post
- We haven’t begun to deal with the psychological, legal and financial implications of a hologrammed world.
Supreme Court Justice Alito quotes Infinite Reality in Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Assn